Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Peaceful Weekend

Good day, everyone! Mommy and I are back from our trip to pick up Grampy O. Nanny O. is back from Cuba. She was rather delighted that I did not arrive while she was away in the sand and the sun. Mommy and I had a great little trip, even though it was just for a night. Daddy partied hardy while we were away. He cleaned and did laundry, and got groceries, and made us brownies, and did math. Go Daddy go!

It was a very peaceful weekend for me and my fellow Insiders. We sat around and chatted for a bit. With each setting of the sun, my time here on the Inside is drawing ever closer to ending. I've talked a lot about it getting closer, but it really hit us Insiders this weekend. It is now the last day of April. One more day in this month. Unless I happen to come really, really quickly, I can safely say that I will be a May baby. That is very exciting. May is a very good month. It is the month when cute baby animals are born, and even cuter baby people (like me, for instance). It is a month when the sun is in the sky a little longer each day, and babys don't need to bundle up quite as much.

Mommy and Daddy are very much ready for my arrival. They have my room done, the hospital bag packed, lots of diapers for smelly poops, and lots of cute clothes to put me in. I've never worn clothes! They have a cozy place for me to sleep, and warm blankets for me to cuddle in. Daddy finished my wall pictures. Everything is now waiting for me to make my entrance. Each day I wait for that telegram from my stork. Each day it does not come, but that's alright; a little longer on the Inside only makes me stronger, bigger, and more ready to become an Outsider like you.

It has been quite an experience on the Inside so far. My dear friends Stomach, Bladder (poor, poor Bladder) and Bowel have all been so wonderful to me. Each day I feel my Mommy and Daddy's loving touch on Belly as I kick and squirm. So little separates us, but that little is a lot. I feel like I know my Mommy and Daddy, but I've never seen them! I cannot wait until I do. I want to hold my eyes shut, and have my first vision be my Mommy. Unfortunately, I don't think it will work that way, but it is a nice dream.

So, with all these wonderful and somewhat scary thoughts going through my mind this weekend, I got together all my Insider friends for a little chat. I let them know how close the time was, and that word from my stork could come at any time. We talked and hugged, and said an eary good-bye, getting out what needed to be said well ahead of time, in case I decide to leave in a hurry. It was an emotional time, but a good one. Stomach passed me a letter, making me promise to keep it sealed until the time had come. Bladder made me a scrap book of all the good times we had on the Inside. Bowel gurgled and made groaning sounds, but managed a good hug. I know she will miss me.

So, I'm now just putting on my night cap, and preparing for bed. Soon the sun will rise, and another day will begin. Soon, I will be able to see the sun; to see it rise. This journey on the Inside has been equite an experience for me, and my Mommy and Daddy. I need my rest now - yawwwwn - so I shall sign off. I hope you all had just splendid weekends, and that the week ahead is a great one. I'll write a bit more when I have a chance. Happy last day of April, everyone!

No comments: