Friday, April 20, 2007

"I am the Espresso Bean!"

Man, what a night! Ever have one of those nights where you went kind of wild, things got a little out of control, and you woke up the next morning a little sore, upside down, not knowing what you did, or how you got there, with an ultra-sound-a-ma-thing technician looking at your butt? Well, I did.

On Wednesday evening at work, Mommy decided to have an espresso drink. She'd not had one since I've been an Insider. Sure, she has had the odd coffee or tea, but espresso is super coffee, so she refrained from it. Well, my dear Mommy savoured every last drop of it. I was just ho-humming on the Inside, trying to master my swaddling technique. After a few monutes, Mommy sighed a contented sigh as she tossed he cup away. My legs began to twitch, and a rush of energy passed through my body. Zing! Suddenly, I felt like dancing, and tossed the borning swaddle to the side. Zing! I began with some old school break dancing. Stomach cupped her hands to her mouth, and began with the whole beat-box thing. Pancreas stepped out of her home, and set up a scratch table. Soon, I was dancing to a remix of the Teddy Bear's Picnic. I was in the zone, let me tell you!

With each passing second, I got more and more energetic. After the song was over, I decided a game of tag was necessary. Yes, necessary. I don't know why, but I ran around saying, "Ha ha! Tag! You're it!" to everyone. A disgruntled Bowel moaned in disapproval as I tagged her. Bladder did her thing, then hid from me. Stomach groaned as I tapped her right in the middle. Apparently - I don't remember - I was cruising around at a mile a minute. Soon, everyone was cowering to the side, as I zinged here and there, bouncing off Mommy, going from dancing to running to power swimming, to tagging to spinning. I don't remember too much after that. According to Pancreas, I eventually tied the swaddle around my head, stood on Stomach and said, "I am the Espresso Bean!" before falling off a flattened Stomach. The Inside - I do remember - seemed to swirl.

Next thing I knew, I heard a 'whirrrrrrr'. In my groggy state, I knew the sound. The ultra-sound-a-ma-thing. What?! Was it morning already? I knew Mommy would see me today, but I forgot today was today, and thought it was still last night and I was confused. I pryed open a weary eye. I heard Mommy and Daddy discussing my bum. My bum?! Eep! There it was, for all the room to see! I could feel the sensation of the ultra-sound-a-ma-thing on me bottom. I quickly closed my legs, and tried to turn a little.

What was this? Stuck? Everything seemed 'different'. I seemed, somehow, to be...upside down. I regained some of my senses. Hmmmm. I felt around my head. It was on my break dancing mat. Hmmmmm. How did that get on the ceiling? Wait a minute...

At that moment, I heard Mommy and Daddy shreiking excited shreiks of excitement. "He turned!" exclaimed Mommy. Trumpets blasted from the Inside, and Stomach threw confetti. I craned my head up enough to see. Stomach, Bowel, Bladder and Pancreas were staring down at me. "You did it, little pal!" said Bowel in a soft tone. I did it! I turned! The rush of excitement that I had actually turned overshadowed the after effects of an espresso. I turned! I began to kick my feet in the air, striking many an Insider in doing so.

On the Outside, I could only hear the excitement of Mommy. She was so proud of me! I did it! I had turned all on my won, without help from Doctor! I did it! I was so happy with myself! I began to clap! I started to do a summersault. All the Insiders rushed over and grabbed my feet. "Maybe not a summersault..." they said nervously. "Why?...Oh...right...don't want to turn back again..." I said with some embarrassment.

So, there has been a general air of merriment and discomfort (for both me and Mommy) since then. It is hard being upside down. But, the important thing is that I turned. I can check off that box in my reply to my Stork, Edgar. He will be happy. I hope you all are very happy too that I turned. My Mommy can have me naturally now! Yeah! Now, I just have to lay here on my head and wait for my Stork to give me word. Time is drawing near!

Well, I am very tired. I need to go to bed. I have lots more to write, but I'm just too tired. In a future post, look forward to the following great stories:

"Wee Too's parents prepare Wee Too's room: Adventures in Nesting"

"Wee Too's Mommy has false labour, rescues dog, carries him home to grateful owners."

"Big grocery store; big pain. Never again."

No comments: