Monday, April 02, 2007

Contemplative

When I get to be an Outsider like all of you, I will get to finally meet my Mommy, Daddy, and big brother in person. Big brother started to tell me what it was like meeting everyone for the first time, but his memory was a bit hazy. He said that he cried a lot, and that there was a big light over him. Since then, he has been fascinated with lights. He said that everything went really fast. First, he was on the Inside, then he was laying on a bed, then he was crying on a table, then he was in his Mommy's arms, wrapped all warm with a blanket. He liked the blanket. I wonder if I will get wrapped in a blanket too? It would be really nice if I could be. I've never been in one before. I have a blanket called a Shush waiting for me on the Outside. My Nanny O. made it for me. It has bears on it. I am quite fond of bears. I look so forward to the day Mommy and Daddy rock me to sleep, and lay be down in my little bed, all covered warm and snug in my Shush. I think that will be a very good day.

Each day I think more and more about this whole Outside thing. Each day, I like it more and more. From playtime with big brother, to nap time with Mommy; to splattering spagettis on the wall, to snuggling on the couch. There are so many wonderful things to see and do. Daddy has promised me many long walks with himself and big brother. He is going to show me boats, and the water, and houses and people. I cannot wait. Big brother has promised me so much; corn popping and cars and trucks, and a fun buddy to play in the back yard with. Mommy is there as the centre of it all. She is the loving arms waiting for me, and I cannot wait for this. Maybe I'm being a bit too contemplative, but it really makes me feel good to think about all of this! I wouldn't say I'm impatient to leave my warm and secure home on the Inside. I love it in here. But so much is waiting for me out there, with all of you. I cannot wait until Mommy and Daddy invite each of you over to see us. We are just going to be one big happy family. Being a Spring baby, the weather will be warming. What fun we will all have in the great out of doors! Big brother told me the joys of being a summer baby in a stroller. You have to stop every few steps so people can look in and say how cute you are! I think that sounds just grand!

So, with just over a month to go until my expected date of arrival, I have to remain patient. I need to make sure I am healthy and strong for that final journey into your World. Just like big brother, I will enter into your World in a ball of confusion; Inside, then Out! Lights! People! Crying and air! A warm blanket. Mommy. Hugs. Calm. That's how it will start. From there, I have lots of places to go. I have growing up to do. I have friends to make, and things to learn. I have sitting and crawling and walking. I have eating and learning. It is going to be a good time. I am going to like it.

Well, I had better head off to bed. When you are growing, rest is very important! I hope you don't mind my contemplative state. It has been a relaxing day in here for me. I've been at peace with my World, and with that, comes peaceful thoughts. I wish you all the very best. I look forward so much to entering your World. I hope each of you find in the day ahead as much joy in it as I anticipate finding in it when I am there. All my best.

No comments: