Thursday, November 02, 2006

Wise Ole One

Yawn! I have been so busy growing and thinking lately, that I've been going to bed quite early. On the Inside, we only really have access to one computer. So, we have a schedule. Around supper time, Bladder is on to check her email, and gossip sites. After that, Stomach goes on to play a few games of Battleship with other stomach's from around the world. By the time Stomach finishes her game, it is usually getting close to 9 or 10 o'clock. Then its my turn. But, these past few nights, I'd be laying around, floating peacefully in my home, waiting for Stomach to sink someones submarine, and then, all of a sudden, I would be asleep! Goodness. I've probably gone to bed at 7 each night!

So, my friends, that is why I have not made an appearance lately. There has not really been a great deal going on this week. I will try and think of any exciting adventures that may have passed my way. But first, I want to conclude a story I promised you all way back on Sunday! I mentioned that big brother and I had a talk on his birthday. Big brother was in a funny mood. One second, he'd be reminiscing about his younger days, and speaking about "back in my day", and the next minute, he'd speak proudly of how old and wise he had become. I think that the birthday cheer had got to him, as he did seem a little tired as well. He slouched on Mommy, resting his head right on my home.

"(squish) Ah...hey there big brother (squish, squish). How's it, ah, going," I somewhat grunted as big brother slouched some more.

"Ah, Wee Too; enjoy it while you can, little bro' or sis'. I turned one today, you know." said big brother in an exhausted tone. He was slouching, but had a new toy - his very own bus - in his left hand, and between tired grunts, he thrust the bus here and there, clunking Mommy.

"I know, dear brother. Happy Birthday! You are very fortunate to be one. I hear it is a good age."

"Oh, indeed. One of the best ages to be. But you know, I kind of miss my younger days. Back in the day when I used to roll everywhere, and lay on my back, and sleep in a bassinet. Those were much simpler times, Wee Too. When I was on the Inside, like you are now, gosh, I thought I'd be there forever (so did Mommy!). I enjoyed my time, but, Wee Too, I never really cherished it, you know? I looked forward so much to coming out, I never fully enjoyed being Inside."

Big brother paused, whapped Mommy in the face with a bus, took a sip of juice, pulled Kitty's fur, and slouched again. He continued.

"I guess what I'm getting at, Wee Too, is the first real piece of advice I am giving you as your big brother. I was talking with Daddy, see, and he told me that big brothers help out their younger brothers or sisters. I'm a big one year old now, and have seen much in my time on the Outside. But, one thing I've learned, is to enjoy whatever stage you're at, and just that. It makes everything so much funner. I'm one today, and by trucks and trains, I'm going to act like a one year old! I'm gonna play like a one year old, and eat like one, and..." with this, big brother saw that Daddy was playing with his new airplane. He took off half running, fell down, landed on his chin, let out a whimper, laughed a little, crawled to Daddy, and played with the plane.

I was left to think over big brother's talk. He was so serious, and the topic was not even about buses. I guess birthdays do that sort of thing! It was kind of funny, because earlier in the day, I'd been complaining to Bladder that time wasn't going by fast enough! That I wanted it to zip by, so I could be on the Outside. But, after talking with big brother, you know, I'll have lots of time on the Outside. Right now, I'm going to enjoy the fact that I get my food through a tube (my good friend Cord), that I can float around (do you know how comfy that is?), and that the temperature is always perfect in here.

Sorry for going a little on the serious side here, folks, but in my own defense, big brother started it! But, on that, I must, yawn! go to sleep. I wish you all the best in your day ahead! Cheerio!

No comments: