Sunday, November 05, 2006

A Trip to Grampies

Good day, everyone! We all just returned from a very nice visit with my Grampy. He lives way far away in the country, where bears and wombats and elephants and crickets roam wild. It was quite an adventure. I thought for a second that Daddy got eaten by a wombat, but it turned out he had just fallen over, or tied his shoelace or something.

We decided to take a trip to grampies, and left Saturday morning. We piled everything into our trusty carriage, or car, or whatever it is called (in any case, Opel), and took off. I suggested that since it was a family trip, we should sing such classics as 'B-I-N-G-O' or 'Old MacDonald'. Daddy and big brother didn't like this suggestion very much. They both pulled their caps over their eyes and went to sleep. What's wrong with the dog named Bingo? Mommy and I like him.

We ambled our way down the valley road, looking at the fallen leaves, and dead trees. It was pretty. We drove by a big dumper and big brother got really excited and pointed at it. The dump truck - he said - smiled and pointed back, but I'm not too sure on that. I suspect it smiled, but doubt it pointed. It did not take us very long before we were at Grampies. He has a fun place. When we got in, I heard this funny 'yippie' thing calling out to me.

"Hey..huh, huh, huh? Hey, you in, yip yip yip there! Huh uh yip uh what are ya uh huh doin' yip yip yip yip yip?" it said. I turned nervously to stomach, "Stomach? Oh Stomach! Dear me! What is that funny thing that is talking to me? What do I say to it, and rather, what did it say to me?" Stomach sat me on her knee; "Ah, you've met a small yipping dog, I see. Your reaction is quite common. Don't worry; it wont hurt you or Mommy or big brother..." "...what about Daddy?" I asked. "Unfortunately, it might eat your Daddy, but he will be just fine!" I calmed down, and had quite a little chat with the yipping dog. He told me that he was scared of big brother, because big brother crawled after him with a big train with a smile on the cow catcher. That funny little doggy was quite a companion for me while we were at Grampies.

We all drove a little bit further, and had a nice supper with my Great Nanny P. I had never met her before, and she seemed awfully nice, and assumed I was a boy. Mommy told her I may not be a boy, and alluded to the idea that I might be a penguin, but Great Nanny P. was convinced of my boyness. While were were there, I was privy to what might be the most sophisticated heist of the century. After supper, we went back to Great Nanny P.'s place, and she was nice enough to find big brother some small cars and buses to play with. He was happily motoring them along the floor, as the rest of us talked. But, below the chatter, I heard a rustling, and the quick turn to the side of big brother's head. He noticed that Mommy's belly was a funny shape, so knew I had 'seen'. "Shhhhh..." he said with a sly smile. We found out the next day that big brother had put a small yellow car from Great Nanny P.'s in the pocket of his puffy winter coat. (That's the story big brother told me to tell you all, but really, I saw the whole thing, and he just went outside with the car in his hand, not really paying attention, but he told me this story to tell so that he'd look like a big boy.)

We all arrived back safe and sound in out home today. We were all exhausted! Big brother played outside at grampies all day long, as by the time we got in the car, he was out like a light! Mommy and I had a nap too, before we left, in a bed. We were sleepy! And, I am once again very tired. It was such a busy weekend, but so fun! We all got to be outside in the fresh air, we saw a big tall pile of sticks, and big brother played in the leaves, and went down a slide. Mommy and I did some swinging, and we all got to smell a wood stove, which was very fun. But, that fun and smelling, and sliding and swinging has made me tired, so I think I'll go to bed. I hope you all have a fun day ahead! Sweet dreams, everyone.

No comments: