Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A Lazy Day

Hello, dear friends of mine! And how are you all doing today? I hope that this entry finds you well, all snug and safe in your homes. I've been stretching out and relaxing in my home today; Stomach was off at a conference on feeling better, Bladder and Bowel were playing with a bean bag, and Pancreas was knitting a mighty sock. So, I was left to myself for the better part of the day. At first I did a little exercise, stretching my legs and arms, making them work, swimming to and fro. I tipidy-tap-tapped Mommy a few times, but I'm a little too little just yet for her to feel me; but its the thought that counts, right? Just so you know, Mommy, I give you little love nudges all day long!

After I finished my exercises, I laid back, pulled a night cap over my eyes, and decided to rest for a while. I was not really tired, but I found it so relaxing to just float around in the warm Womb, thinking about this and that, and nothing at all. I suggest you try it, if ever you find yourself in a womb with a night cap on. I started thinking about how warm and cozy I was; this reminded me of a conversation I had with big brother not too long back. It was late at night, and everything was quiet; it was quiet until we heard a cry from big brother's room! Daddy rose from the bed, and went to settle my brother. After a few minutes of trying, Daddy and son staggered in, and plopped in the bed with Mommy and I. Mommy and Daddy exchanged grunts, and fell asleep, while big brother lay there, pretending he was fast asleep himself.

He poked his head up after a few minutes; "Phew, they're asleep! Ahhhhh..." he said, as he snuggled deep under the blankets, and close to Mommy. "Big brother, what ever was the matter? Was there a troll or a gnome in your room that frightened you?" I asked big brother. "A gnome? Goodness, Wee Too! Gnomes are about the nicest people with pointy hats and long beards that ever you'll meet! No, I was...can you keep a secret?" he asked. "Yes, oh yes I can, certainly, indeed, you bet!" (and you can keep this a secret too, right?) "If you're sure," responded big brother. "Well, I wasn't actually scared of anything. Some nights, I'm layin' there in my crib, looking at my drawings on the wall, at the star and moons smiling at me, and I start to miss Mommy and Daddy real bad! So, I muster a good cry, and let it out. Daddy comes running in, and I continue to cry until he realises it will just take too long to put me to sleep. Into the bed I go! And for the next half hour or so, I'm snug between my Mommy and Daddy (and you!)!"

I listened intently to big brother. "You know, Wee Too, sometimes I envy you. You've really got some great things ahead of you, things I can only look at now as memories! When I first became an Outsider, everything was so big and scary, and cold, and strange. I used to get so upset, I'd cry and cry and cry. But then - I remember this first time so well - Mommy and Daddy put me in a big soft, blue sleeper with a baseball on it. It was so warm! Daddy turned out most of the lights, and sat on the couch with me. Mommy yawned, and laid down to rest herself, after a hard few days. Daddy placed me on his chest, and I just snuggled in. The Outside didn't feel quite so cold, nor did it feel big. Next to Daddy, it was not scary anymore, and listening to his heart beat through his chest, it was not strange, but familiar (just like you can hear Mommy's heart now, Wee Too!). I sniffled a bit, then yawned. I felt my body relax, and I drifted off to sleep, warm, safe, and cozy. I'm too big to cuddle like this now, and even if I could, I don't think it will ever feel like it did during those first couple of months on the Outside. You've got some great things in store, Wee Too."

With this, big brother yawned, and fell asleep. I, too, grew tired, and slipped into dream land. That was a few nights ago, and it was only just today, while lounging in my home, that the monologue returned to me. It all sounds so lovely. When I laid there in Womb, my eyes shaded, just floating, I felt so warm and cozy and safe. I often wondered if this feeling would stay after I became and Outsider; from big brother's tale, I'd say it most certainly does. I imagined myself, a little bigger, bundled into a fluffy sleeper (if I'm a boy, it'll have a baseball on it, if I'm a girl, perhaps a pony), and laying on Mommy's chest! How wonderful! I could hear Heart beating, and imagined I were listening from the Outside. Heart would be pounding out to me, "Wee-Too...Wee-Too..." and I'd smile and give a friendly tap back to let everyone know I was safe. Then I'd yawn, my eyes would flutter, and I'd drift to sleep, safe on Mommy's chest. I can imagine nothing more friendly, inviting, and secure.

It was with these thoughts, and with the peaceful surroundings of the Inside that I fell asleep for a long nap this afternoon. I only just woke. But I now must depart. I really must try and get to sleep, otherwise, my schedule will be all messed up from that long nap! I wish you all the best in the day ahead! Cheerio, friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Wee Too: Nannie loves reading all your lovely stories. You are so blessed to have such wonderful Mommy and Daddy and Big Brother. I can't wait to hold you in my arms and cuddle you in a nice warm and cozy blanket. I will start working on a beautiful quilt for you for when you are on the outside. Love from your Nannie Outhouse