Thursday, November 23, 2006

Dub-Lub

I didn't think I could do it, but I did it, and it was great! Why am I so excited? Because I made Mommy smile the biggest smile in the world today! Early this morning, we all headed out to see Good Doctor. Mommy and I had an appointment to make sure I was okay, and that Mommy was okay (we are both doing super!). I had heard Mommy and Daddy talking lately, and they were very excited to hear my little heart beat. Boy, were they ever. Mommy said that if she did not hear it this time, that she would burst like a balloon. I did not want my Mommy to burst like a balloon, a blowfish, or any other inflatable sea creature.

So, last night, after I finished typing to you all, began to listen for my heart. I listened. Silence. "Heart? You there?" I heard a small voice within me. "I'm here!" Goodness! I had made contact! "Hey Heart! I need to hear you beat!"

Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub

"Come on, Heart! Mommy will burst like a blowfish if she can't hear you! You can do it Heart! Go Heart, go!"

Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub

"Now you're getting it! Horray, Heart! You can do it! Go Heart!! Louder! Louder! Louder!!!"

Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub DubDub

"Almost there! A little bit louder, and Mommy will be the happiest Mommy on the block! Lets make my Mommy happy!"

Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub

"Yeah Heart! You did so good!" My heart just beemed with happiness. Heart really wanted us to make Mommy happy. "Way to go, Heart! Yeah!"


Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub

"Eep...little too loud, Heart."

--------------------

This morning, we found ourselves all in the office of Good Doctor. I was happy as a pie, and Heart was ready to go. We heard Mommy ask, "Can we listen to Wee Too's heart now?" We felt a very light pressure bearing down on us. "Is this it, Mommy?! Do you want Heart to be loud now? Mommy?" But Mommy did not hear. "They must not be ready yet, Heart. That was probably just big brother driving a truck or a book over us. We'll wait." But then, we felt Mommy get sad. "We heard Wee One's heart beat by this time! Maybe Good Doctor will find it." Oh no! We missed our cue! Apparently, a Doctor in training had been what we felt lightly pushing down! Mommy felt so sad, I thought she would burst like a balloon filled with blowfish.

"Alright, we'll see if we can find that heartbeat!" we heard Good Doctor say, as she came into the room. Yeah! Heart and I had another chance to make Mommy happy! "Okay, Heart, are you ready to do your thing? Just like we practiced last night, okay? I feel the heart doppling thing pressing down. Heart! Do your thing!" I said in a thunderous voice as Good Doctor tried to listen in. All was quiet on the Inside. "Heart?" I said in a troubled tone.

"I'm scared, Wee Too."

"Oh, my poor Heart! Don't be scared. What are you afraid of?"

Good Doctor, and Training Doctor will laugh at me because I go "Dub Lub" instead of "Lub Dub". Woe is me.

"Goodness, Heart! "Dub Lub" sounds far better to me! Wow! Its poetic, even. Far better than that silly "Lub Dub"!"

"Really? You think so? And Doctors will like me? Yeah! Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub LubDub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub Dub Lub

Heart did an amazing job! As those Dub Lubs pounded out, I felt Mommy get a huge smile on her face. She did not burst at all! Wow, wasn't my Mommy happy! Heart continued to beat louder and louder and louder. What a show! My little heart did such a good job.

We all left the office of Good Doctor happy. What a splendid morning. I hope you all have been having as good a day as I've been having! Have a super day, everyone!

No comments: