Friday, October 13, 2006

Pukies

I made mommy very ill today. I am so sorry, Mommy! I did not mean to make you sick. It all started out as us just having some fun. It got a little out of hand, and the next thing I knew, you were groaning! Oh, Mommy, I feel so bad about it all. I hope that you feel better after a good night's sleep.

You see, last night big brother came up to me, and he was really excited, and talking fast and crazy like. "Wee Too...it was...so neat! And I fell down...and everything was spinning...and I kicked my feet...and Mommy and Daddy laughed...and I was silly...and I tried to move...and I fell over...and..." shouted big brother with such excitement, that I had to know what was going on. I waited a moment, and big brother settled down. He lightly patted Belly, and explained what had got him so excited. He had been playing a game with Daddy called 'spinning'. Daddy would spin him around in a circle really fast, and then set him on the floor. According to big brother, once he stopped spinning, and was firmly on the floor, the room began to spin, and he felt really strange (in a good way), and it made him laugh with glee.

That night, as I slept, all I could think about was spinning. If I could spin, then I would be like big brother, and be silly like him. I dreamed that I was spinning really fast. When I awoke in the morning, I had already made up my mind that I would spin. I looked around, to see if anyone was looking. "One...two...three!!" I said in a low voice, and began to spin. Round and round I went. I soon fell over in my home, and just like big brother said, I laughed and laughed. I could not contain myself. Soon, Stomach, Bladder, and Pancreas were looking in at me, as I laid down, kicking my feet, laughing and grinning.

"Whatever's the matter with Wee Too?" asked Bladder. "I think Wee Too is silly," responded Pancreas. I soon laughed myself out, dried a tear from my eye, and explained the whole thing to the gang. "A spin off!" cried Bladder. "We will have a spin off! The best spinner gets a prize!" Everyone chattered with excitment. "A spin off?" they questioned; "...and a prize? Oh my!" Bladder immediately organised the spin off, making a list of who was to spin, and in what order. Pancreas was first.

"I'mmmmm spinnnnn-innnnngggggggg!" called Pancreas as she made a few circles around. She fell flat on her face, and laughed with joy. The judges held up cards to mark the spin. The average was 6 out of 10. Stomach was next. She whirled around and around and around. What a spinner! It was a perfect score! We all spun, having such a great time. Finally, everyone involved in the spin off had a turn. But, what was this? There was a tie! Both Stomach and myself received perfect scores. A sudden-death spin off was called. I went first. I spun like no other. I was in good form. Happy, I sat down, and enjoyed the aftermath of a good spin. Stomach looked concentrated. Everyone grew quiet, and she started her spin.

A total of two minutes later, Stomach was still spinning! Our mouths dropped open, and she spun faster and faster! What a spin! Then, all of a sudden, we heard a terrible cry, a thud, and a groan! Stomach had spun so fast, that she tied herself into a terrible knot! She lay down, groaning in agony, knotted up. "Oh dear...I don't...feel so...well..." Stomach stammered. We all looked on, not knowing what to do. Bowel has a background in engineering, so moved to the front to analyse the situation. "Well," said Bowel. "According to my calculations, we must untie Stomach!" Brilliant! We all went to work, trying to loosen the knot.

Stomach groaned and moaned. But, what was this? I heard something more! "Oooooooooo," came the sound. It was Mommy! Everyone grew quiet. "Ohhhhhhh...oh dear me! Oh dear me..." repeated Mommy. The more discomfort Stomach appeared to be in, the worse Mommy groaned. We worked fast to untie Stomach, and help Mommy feel better. I took charge. With much excitement, I quickly worked on the knot. I heard Stomach let out a huge gasp, and Bladder shouted, "She's free!" Everyone cheered. Mommy groaned. I stood back, looking at my friend.

Much to my shock, Stomach did not look relieved at all! She was turning green. Greener by the minute she grew! We all stood back to watch. "Oh dear," whispered Stomach. "Oh my..." whispered Mommy. "I think I'm..." said Stomach. "...going to be sick!" returned Mommy! With these words, Stomach lurched forward, and we all said goodbye to breakfast and lunch. Mommy had the pukies!

Stomach moaned a mournful moan, and we all looked on in horror. What had we done? Poor Mommy! Poor Stomach! They both sounded so sick! I moistened a cloth in cold water, and draped it over Stomach. "Oh dear..." was all she could say.

With great care, we administered to Stomach, all the while apologising to her and Mommy. They are both sleeping now, recovering from the day. A lesson learned. I am so sorry, Mommy! We were just having a spin off! I did not mean for it to end like this. I hope you are feeling so much better by the time you read this, Mommy. No more spinning for us! Stomach still looks a little green right now, but she looks much better than earlier. Oh, Mommy! I am so sorry! Feel better soon, okay? I will take good care of you. I must go to bed myself now. I will be dreaming about you tonight, Mommy, and I promise you: no more spinning! Get better soon, Mommy.

PS. Pancreas took several pictures of today's events; she plans on developing them later on tonight, so I will try and post one or two tomorrow night!

No comments: