Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Mystery of Tuesday (ssshhhhhh...sleuth here...)

Alright folks: I am confused. Today I was introduced to a delightful gal named Gal Bladder. We were chatting away, and we got talking about my home, Womb. Well, Gal happens to be quite the interior decorator, and started asking me if I had ever given thought to colour coordinating my fridge (Placenta) with the various elements of furniture I had. I remarked that I did not have furniture, and mainly just floated around in some fluid; its comfy enough. Well, old Gal was shocked! "No furniture?!" she shouted in disbelief. I continued to say that I was only in here until next May, and that the more stuff I bring in, the more I have to bring out (according to big brother, it is a rather tight squeeze to come out!). Gal's mood lightened, and she said that she understood. She then spoke the phrase, "Ah, so you're a Spring chicken, then, eh?" "Erm...what?" I responded in utter confusion. "May! A Spring chicken! Well, toodle-loo, Wee Too! Be seeing you again soon!" she spoke, and skipped off to decorate Bowel.

A Spring chicken?! Could it be? Why, my friends, why is everything so confusing? It seemed so clear before. I am a little boy, or a little girl. Then, cousin Maegan said with such confidence that I was a small penguin named Pablo. Than, learned Gal Bladder said with great authority that I am a chicken (and a Spring one at that)! I don't mean to offend any of you, in the event that any of you are poultry or polar birds, but I'd really like to be a little boy or girl. It just seems so natural; Mommy is a girl. Daddy and big brother are boys. What would everyone think if I turned out to be a bird?

So, I've been thinking on this point all the day long. Stomach has been busy trying to feel better, so I have not bothered her about it. I did pass by Bowel, and asked her wise opinion on the matter. "Groooaaaannnnnnnn..." she began. "The matter will be settled soon, my friend. Tuesday's the day! Tuesday!" What's this? Tuesday? Sounded like a mystery to me. I put on a sleuthing hat, and sleuthed away to collect more clues.

I next came across Bladder, who was doing laundry. "Bladder," I said in a casual tone. "Bladder, would you like to play Go Fish! with me on Tuesday?" Bladder stopped hanging laundry and turned to me. "Heaven's no, Wee Too! Why, with the camera's and all...I'd hardly know what to wear! You will be too busy for Go Fish! Wee Too. Far too busy." I walked away. Camera's, eh?

Ah, Pancreas! I found her reading a book about a Water Buffalo. "Pancreas?" I said. "Yes, my dear?" she responded. "Pancreas, what should I wear when the cameras are here on Tuesday?" A clever fish for a clue, if I do say so myself. "Well, from what I know about the whole thing, it would probably be best if you wore your birthday suit. They kind of need a clear view for the tests." Tests? Ah, I had it! "It was Colonel Mustard in the dining room with the wrench!" I shouted. "Goodness..." exclaimed Pancreas, bringing her hand to her chest. "What manner of nonsense do you speak, child?" Embarrassed at my blunder (I had just got done playing Clue with Mommy, you see), I spoke. "Tuesday...tests...cameras...it could only mean one thing!" Stomach chimed in "Groan. Sputter, sputter. Ah, my dear child. Was I so ill as to not inform you of Tuesday? A thousand apologies, my child. On Tuesday, Mommy and Daddy will get to see you on a television. Some doctors will be there too. According to my sources, the reason for the visit will be to determine how old you are, and the nature of your being..." "You mean..." I spoke. "Yes, dear Wee One. If you are boy, girl (which, we wont know), Pablo or chicken."

Horray! I solved the mystery, and Mommy and Daddy can see me, and I will know what I am (well, mostly)! Everyone thinks I'm a boy or girl, but it will be good to clear up any doubt. Tuesday! I cannot wait! I have so much to do! I have to clean up the place. I have been letting leftovers pile up in Placenta, so I really have to go clean my fridge. I have to comb my hair - wait! Do I even have hair? No matter! I don't have a comb either! Oh my. I am just in a tizzy to get everything ready. I want to make a good first impression on Mommy and Daddy and big brother. Bladder just peeked her head in and say me running around: "Tsk tsk...just like a chicken with its head cut off!" she said as she passed. "Tuesday, dear Bladder. Tuesday, we will find out about that!"

Well, that does it for me for the night. I have some more cleaning to do, then off to bed. I have been practicing reading books lately, and am going to read Mommy a book that I like. She is very special, so she deserves a good bedtime story. Have a magnificent day, everyone!

No comments: