Monday, September 18, 2006

A Walrus and an Announcement

Greetings to all of my friends! What a busy, but pleasant day this has been. I mentioned in yesterday's post that my neighbor - Bladder - seemed a tad surly toward me on our first introduction. Well, after waking this morning, I received a knock on my door. Who was it? Why, it was Bladder. She stood there for a moment, looking down, and scuffing her feet a bit. I wanted to make her feel welcome, so I asked her in for a drink of milk. She politely refused, shoved something in my hands, and rushed off blushing! 'What terribly odd behavior,' I thought!

I immediately looked at the package she left me; it was a beautiful needlework of a smiling walrus, and in a lovely frame a that! The walrus was sitting on a big rock, holding a turnip, I believe, and smiling the biggest smile one could ever imagine. I turned the frame over. Written on the back was: "To Wee Too: Can we be friends? From: Bladder" Of course we can be friends, my kind Bladder! I hung the needlework on my wall, and sat back for a while to admire it.

While I was admiring this work of art from my new friend, I received another knock on my door; this time it was stomach. She invited herself in, took a seat, and proceeded to let me know that as she was speaking, my Mommy and Daddy were announcing me to such delightful people as Nannies and Grampies, and aunts and uncles. 'How exciting!' I thought. We both grew quiet, strained our ears, and tried to hear what we could. Everyone seemed very excited, however, they were all in somewhat of a state of disbelief! At word of this, I began thrashing about, and yelling as loud as I could yell; "I'm here! I'm here!" Stomach later explained that they were not in disbelief that I existed, but that I existed so soon. I don't know what that means, but maybe someday I will. I was very excited to know that lots of people know about me, though. I hope we can all grow to be such close friends!

Ah, yes! I promised you last night that I would tell a little bit about myself, but then I ran out of time and couldn't. Well, my name is Wee Too, and I live on the Insider, and my home is Womb. I like snuggling up next to the walls of Womb, and floating about. I really like cookies and I read a book about jello moulds, so I think I will like jello too. I was informed only today that I am either a boy or a girl, but I was also told that I don't know which. Heck, I don't even know what a boy or a girl is! I have so much to learn! I like walruses and pelicans quite a bit. Most of all, I like my Mommy, my Daddy, and my big brother! Someday, I will be big and strong, and will come out to meet them. It will be so exciting! Until then, however, I am going to focus on growing, learning, and becoming the best Wee Too that I can!

Goodness me! Time has once more run out for me. I just heard the lights out call. Sleep is very important. I should let you all go now, and curl up for a long fall's nap. I wish you all the very best in the day ahead, and I look forward to writing to you tomorrow. Cheerio!

No comments: