Friday, September 22, 2006

A Visit from Pizza and a Poem

What a day this has been, my dear friends. Early in the day, Pancreas received word through the grape vine that a pizza would be coming. To those of you unfamiliar with the Inside, a pizza stopping by to us, is like a celebrity stopping by to you Outsiders. We began preparations for the coming of the pizza. Everyone put on their Sunday best, and spruced up their dwellings. Stomach put on a hat. I sat back and watched the excitement; being unfamiliar with events like these, I didn't know what to do!

As the day wore on, and everyone began counting the minutes until the arrival of Pizza, the atmosphere in here became very jovial. Even surly old Bowel began to joke and laugh. Stomach sounded a trumpet, and in waltzed Pizza. She was amazing! I had never seen something so glamorous before. She was so kind, too. To each of us, she stopped to chat for a spell, ending her visit with Stomach. After a lively conversation with Bladder, she came to my home. I heard a knock on my door. I knew who it was, so I opened it up, and in she came. We spoke for a few moments about this and that; about how I was doing and so on. I asked her what it was like being a pizza, and she said it was great.

Soon, it was time for her to leave, though. She bid us farewell, and went away for a private meeting with Stomach. We were all left happy and content with the visit from that dear Pizza.

After everything calmed down, most of the Insiders went to bed early. It had been a tiring day, and everyone wanted to rest. I switched on my lamp, and my thoughts soon turned to Mommy. What a lovely person she is. I am getting to know her more and more each day. She takes such good care of me. I decided to write a short poem for my Mommy. This is for you, Mommy of mine!

Mommy, you keep me safe,
I really like it in here.
I'm growing arms and hands,
So I can clap for you, with cheer.

You sing me songs,
You give me fun stuff to eat.
I can't wait 'till I come out,
When face to face we meet.

But I'm still growing,
I'll stay in here for a spell.
This poem says I love you, Mommy,
And that I am doing just swell.

I hope that Mommy likes my poem. Now, friends, I have to go to sleep. It has just been too much excitement for me, and I am tired. I hope you all have had wonderful days, and I wish you sweet dreams, and a lovely day tomorrow. Cheerio!

No comments: