Thursday, September 21, 2006

Good Doctor and Pointy Things

Hello everyone! I am terribly sorry that I did not get a chance to post an entry yesterday. Just after supper, Bladder stopped by and wondered if I would play a game of checkers with her. Well, we got playing (I won!) and plum lost track of time! Before we knew it, the call for lights out came, and we all settled in for a great night's sleep.

Today has been a very busy day. This morning, Mommy and I got up bright and early - even earlier than the rooster in big brother's book! - and got ready to meet a very special person. Today was our first visit to a lady everyone in here calls Good Doctor. Stomach told me some tales of this lady, from way back when big brother lived in my little home. Oh, that's right! I almost forgot to tell you! I learned only yesterday that the last resident in Womb was my very own big brother! What a coincidence! Imagine, my big brother once lived here. Oh, the stories Womb could tell. Unfortunately, Womb sleeps a lot, so she doesn't tell me stories. I will catch her awake sometime, though, and get all the gossip from when big brother was in here.

Anyway, I think I went a little off topic. Yes, today me and Mommy went to see Good Doctor. Daddy and big brother stayed home and ate cereal and then went to sleep. Good Doctor really lived up to her name! She was both good, and a doctor, and by all reports, a good doctor. She was very excited that I am in Mommy. From what I was told, Good Doctor will actually be the very first face I see when I come out. I have never seen a real people face before. Stomach has a face, but it is different, I am told. Bladder always has a funny look on her face. Each day I learn more and more about what goes on here on the Inside, and what will happen on the Outside. I get overwhelmed with all this new stuff, and get tired and have to sleep sometimes.

I got sidetracked again. Before I do so once more, I will conclude by saying that Good Doctor likes me, and I look forward to seeing her again (next Thursday! Yeah!). Oh, but one thing I didn't like, was that before we left, Good Doctor told Mommy to go to a place where they stick pointy things in your arm, and take our blood! Yuck and ouch! I felt so bad for poor Mommy. When Good Doctor told us this, I began thrashing, and shouting, "That's my Mommy! Leave her alone!" Nobody heard me, but Bowel later said, "Your Mommy needs the pointy thing to let her know you're okay. I'm tired. I'm going to sleep." So, if it lets Mommy know that I am doing fine, then I guess she can get the pointy thing.

When Mommy and I went to the place with the pointy things, we left big brother at Aunty's place. Me and Mommy gave him a big kiss, and showed him his yellow bus, then went out the door. Mommy seemed worried to leave him, but I kept her good company and made her feel better. We were gone for a long time (an hour and a half, whatever that means) and when we came back, big brother was crying! "Oh my!" I thought. "Did big brother swallow his bus?" I asked Mommy. Aunty explained to us that big brother 'brummed' around with his bus for an hour (whatever that means! Soon, Stomach will explain to me what time is), then began to crawl around, and look under things, and on things. He was looking for me and Mommy! He looked under a chair, and out a window, and in a cupboard. Then, he realised he could not find us!

When we got in Aunty's home, big brother cried, "Mommy, I'm so sorry I lost you! I will try and keep a closer eye on you! You didn't swallow any dirt or eat cat food while you were lost did you? Mommy! Mommy! I am so sorry I lost you!" Big brother continued like this for a while. He apologised to me, and offered me a yellow bus again. I told him it was alright, and that Mommy did eat cat food, but she didn't like it, and would never do it again.

Phew! That was my day! What a busy one. Now I am going to try to get in a short game of Bingo with the other Insiders before it is sleepy time. Yawn! I will sleep well tonight. Until tomorrow, my friends! Have sweet dreams, everyone.

No comments: